Senior F/E Developer
About Living Group
At Living we make a difference. A difference for our clients, our people and the communities we work in. We employ smart thinking and industry insight to create positive outcomes for our clients in the financial, professional services and technology sectors.
With offices in London, Hong Kong and New York our specialists’ deep understanding of our clients’ sectors means we challenge thinking, inspire ambition, and deliver meaningful change across their organisations through effective and integrated brand, digital and marketing communications.
About the position of Senior F/E Developer
With a minimum of 5+ years relevant experience, the Senior F/E Web Developer will be responsible for providing web solutions that meet our client’s needs and help shape the digital offer of Living Group. Your creativity and technical excellence will manifest itself in a wide range of products and services which will help Living Group to distinguish itself from the competition and offer its clients a truly engaging and superior interactive experience at each and every digital tough-point.
This position carries with it the responsibility to set and reach the highest standards in all areas of our business. To do this you’ll need to be acutely aware of and actively involved with our clients, our profitability, our people, and of course, our product
The position reports to:
Overall, the position holder will:
- To translate client requirements into digital solutions
- To work within client guidelines to produce innovative solutions
- To effectively manage relationships with client contacts
- Produce comprehensive and accurate estimates for work
- Test work thoroughly against specifications and test plans to avoid errors and re-work
- To present work and articulate technical executions at client level.
Specific duties include:
- To produce concise and logical test plans for functionality, usability and accessibility
- To produce accurate and detailed technical documentation i.e. wireframes and functional specs, user manuals
- To produce highly usable interface design
- To produce well documented code
- To produce testable code.
- Expert knowledge user of version control systems (GIT)
- Expert knowledge of using front-end frameworks (Bootstrap)
- Knowledge of using task runners/build systems (Grunt/Gulp)
- Knowledge of using package managers (Bower, npm)
- To be able to produce high quality semantic and standards compliant front-end code
- Knowledge of basic UNIX commands
- Good knowledge of CSS architecture
Overall, the Senior F/E Developer is expected to:
- Work accurately and effectively at pace
- Effectively prioritise work load
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Take ownership of a task/project
- Have a responsible and ‘safe hands’ attitude towards projects
- Be able to highlight project risks at the appropriate stage of the project
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of search engines, web standards, accessibility and usability
- Support cross-browser compatibility of front-end builds
- Deliver compelling arguments to technical challenges and provide effective solutions based on findings
- Think with a wide-focus in order to explore all avenues towards the right solution
- Be able to clearly and concisely critique web solutions
- Work across multiple technology platforms i.e. mobile, web, email, streaming media, desktop
- Keep up to date with the latest technology innovations and online trends
- Be both conceptual and practical, to produce ‘right-first-time’ highly professional solutions.
Review periods and feedback mechanisms:
- Performance appraisals conducted by the Lead Developer – twice a year.
Please apply in writing, detailing your recent experience to: email@example.com